Saturday, October 28, 2006

Bad Run Day

I was supposed to do intervals today. 4x1600 @ 7:20 with 800 RI. It started out bad when I woke up 30 min later than planned. I figured I could still get in 2-3 intervals and headed out. My legs felt good and my left knee wasn't bothering me during the 1.5mi run to Kaiser HS so I thought it'd be no problem. Got to the track and began my first interval and knew I was going too fast. Tried to slow it down but ended doing a 6:47 for the 1st 1600. My breathing became harder as the laps went on till I felt short of breath. Walked for about 1 min and jogged the rest of the 800 RI. Lined up for my second 1600 and began at a slower pace. Somewhere around half-a-lap my legs went soft. They began to feel like jelly and that they would just give out at any moment. Stopped the run after the first lap right on goal pace @ 1:50. Tried to walk it off but the legs just didn't feel right. Decided to run another 400 interval but now at a higher pace. Did the lap in 1:30 and still felt weak. Wanted to do more but decided that I would just do a tempo run home and take the longer route. Ran the 3 mi home in 22:05. It was hard to keep tempo and my pace yoyo'd. Couldn't wait to get to the end of the run and just walk it off. Turned out I couldn't walk too much because now I was behind schedule and had to get ready for work. I will go on a longer run than scheduled tomorrow to make up for today. If I feel good I'll try and run some fartleks.Today at work I only have a half day so I can go watch Nikki play soccer. After her game I'll do Linesman for the next game. After that we plan to go to the pumpkin patch with her friend Chris and pick a couple of pumpkins for Halloween. Hope to get in some rest because next week I have a long run of 16 mi on Tuesday and a half mary on Sunday.

No comments: